· Ensuring that complete and accurate accounting records for all Slum2School’s transactions are maintained, and accounting software is updated and reviewed in a timely manner
· Assisting with Slum2school’s banking operations including setting up accounts, updating mandates/signatories, making payments and reconciling accounts
· Assisting with Slum2School’s payroll process
· Preparing monthly management accounts, including updating cash flow forecasts and other reports (Including to the Board and Finance and Audit Committee, Funders and Other stakeholders)
· Providing finance-related support to team members, ensuring that the policies and procedures of Slum2School are upheld
· Preparing PAYE returns and assisting with other statutory returns · Assisting with the year-end accounts’ preparation and any external audits · Other tasks as required by Slum2School
● Strong intellectual ability and professional financial experience as evidenced by a formal qualification or part qualification in accountancy (CIMA, ACCA, AAT etc.)
● Excellent IT skills, with specific competency with Microsoft Excel. Previous experience using accounting software (E.g. Use of QuickBooks) is highly desirable
● Previous relevant experience in a small or medium-sized not-for-profit business
● Ability to work in a team environment with technical and non-technical staff.
● Reliable, honest and trustworthy
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Interest and/or previous experience in the NGO or development sector
● Self-motivated and dynamic, with excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail.