A Data Analyst is responsible for collecting, processing, and analyzing data to provide valuable insights and support data-driven decision-making. They work with large datasets, employ statistical techniques, and utilize various tools and software to extract meaningful information from data.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Data Collection: Gather and collect data from various sources, including databases, spreadsheets, APIs, and external data providers.
- Data Cleaning and Preprocessing: Clean and preprocess data to remove inconsistencies, errors, and missing values to ensure data quality.
- Data Analysis: Analyze data using statistical techniques, data mining, and machine learning to identify trends, patterns, and relationships within the data.
- Data Visualization: Create visualizations and reports to present data insights using tools like Tableau, Power BI, or data visualization libraries in programming languages.
- Querying Databases: Use SQL to query and extract data from relational databases.
- Statistical Analysis: Apply statistical methods and tests to validate hypotheses and draw meaningful conclusions from data.
- Data Interpretation: Interpret and communicate data findings to non-technical stakeholders clearly and understandably.
- Data Reporting: Generate reports, dashboards, and presentations that summarize data insights and support decision-making.
- Business Insights: Collaborate with business teams to align data analysis with organizational objectives and provide actionable insights.
- Data Governance: Ensure data is handled in compliance with relevant data privacy and security regulations.
- Continuous Learning: Stay up-to-date with the latest data analysis techniques, tools, and industry trends.
- Education: A bachelor's degree in a field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics, or a related discipline is typically required. Some positions may require a master's degree for more advanced roles.
- Data Analysis Tools: Proficiency in data analysis tools and software such as Excel, Python, R, or statistical software like SPSS or SAS.
- Data Visualization: Ability to create visual representations of data using tools like Tableau, Power BI, or matplotlib/seaborn in Python.
- SQL: Proficiency in SQL for querying and manipulating relational databases.
- Data Cleaning: Knowledge of data cleaning and preprocessing techniques to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
- Statistical Analysis: Familiarity with statistical techniques and methodologies for analyzing data, including regression analysis, hypothesis testing, and clustering.
- Data Mining: Experience with data mining and data extraction from various sources.
- Data Warehousing: Understanding of data warehousing concepts and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes.
- Big Data Technologies: Knowledge of big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark, as well as NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- Data Visualization: Ability to create clear and informative data visualizations to communicate insights effectively.
- Business Acumen: Understanding of the business context and goals to ensure data analysis aligns with organizational objectives.
- Critical Thinking: Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to approach complex data challenges.
- Communication: Effective communication skills to convey data insights to non-technical stakeholders.
- Attention to Detail: Thorough attention to detail to ensure data accuracy and validity.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.