- Incharge of the day-to-day running of projects on site
- Oversee construction projects from beginning to end
- Develop cost-effective plans and schedules for completion of projects following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Manage budgets and estimate costs
- Allocate and manage resources, equipment, manpower and materials to ensure that they are available when they are needed throughout the construction projects
- Interpret and implement technical drawings provided for the construction
- Track changes in plans or constructions
- Assist Procurement & Logistics team with local material sourcing & procurement in conjunction with the design team
Supervision & Monitoring:
- Supervise the assistant managers and site supervisors, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Conduct site checks to monitor progress and quality standards
- Supervise and coordinate the work of subcontractors working on various phases of projects to plan interfacing elements
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, and key team members of the project team
- Identify engineering problems and ensure the most appropriate solutions are provided
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes
- Evaluate risks
- Handle any environmental or local community issues that may come up during a project
- Attend all construction-related meetings and weekly overview meetings at head office.
- Oversee the preparation of bi-weekly progress reports regarding job status for all stakeholders
- Negotiate with external vendors on contract agreements
- Obtain the appropriate permits and licenses from authorities for construction sites
Required Skills & Background
- Minimum HND or BSc in Civil Engineering or related field
- COREN Certified
- Previous experience (minimum 5 years) in this field in a leadership role with strong and proven leadership skills
- Good spoken and written English language and able to document and deliver reports accurately.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, Project
- Familiar with construction and project management software programs
- Excellent knowledge of relevant rules and regulations as well as quality standards and human resources
- Excellent knowledge of construction materials and equipment
- Highly organized
- Conflict resolution and conflict management experience
- Excellent time management ability
- Able to multitask with a strong understanding of core manager duties
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities, including negotiation skills
- Must have a laptop.
- Has a car and can drive
- Certification in Health & Safety Standards