VestraPay is a technology company that is looking to provide payment solutions for ecommerce merchants in Nigeria and beyond, providing smart, simple, and developer friendly payment systems. VestraPay is a leading provider of payment technology services, delivering innovative solutions to our clients across Nigeria. VestraPay seeks to close the gaps between seller and buyer while empowering innovation that will impact the Nigerian economy, with the goal of significantly reducing the cost of maintaining the flow of physical cash within the economy.
About the Role
They are looking to hire a Compliance Manager, you will develop a comprehensive regulatory compliance framework and be responsible for implementing and maintaining processes, systems, and controls to ensure VestraPayâs compliance across multiple jurisdictions.Â You will also develop and manage an enterprise risk framework that will provide insights into risks.
What do you need to be successful?
You are a compliance expert who will lead the buildout and scaling of their compliance program, serve as a key member of the leadership team and partner to the business, and elevate the ambitions of VestraPay. You and #x27;ll be required to;
- Develop, implement and maintain a global framework of policies and procedures for managing and mitigating operational and compliance risks, in line with laws and regulations across multiple jurisdictions
- Develop, implement, and maintain an enterprise risk framework.
- Design and implement relevant compliance processes, including know your customer (KYC), anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions and combating the financing of terrorism (CFT)
- Perform risk assessments to understand enterprise risks
- Master a deep understanding of the rules and regulations governing each market in which we operate, including monitoring any changes and developments
- Oversee the gathering of internal information to meet external regulatory reporting obligations
- Supervise the fulfillment of all record-keeping requirements
- Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues
- Act as a point-of-contact for all employees on issues relating to money laundering, terrorist financing and receive reports on non-compliance with laws or company policies
- Compile regular reports on risk and compliance performance that can be shared with management or the board of directors so that issues can be rectified
- Support our product and market expansion initiatives by overseeing efforts to apply for new licenses where needed
- Review marketing materials, presentations and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Manage third party vendor risk reviews and vendor with due diligence
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance across the company
- Ensure prompt and effective handling of customer, merchant, and partner queries on all risk and compliance-related cases.
- Ensure prompt escalation of risk and amp; fraud complaints to the appropriate risk team and adequately resolving them within set SLAs (service level agreements)
- Build trust, loyalty, and long lasting relationships with customers by understanding their pain points and resolving their issues no matter what.
- Provide insights about customer feedback to internal stakeholders to allow for product and process improvements.
How important are you to the bottom line
As a Compliance Manager, you are instrumental in safeguarding VestraPayâs reputation, financial stability, and legal standing. You play a pivotal role in ensuring that the company operates within the boundaries of the law, adheres to ethical standards, and effectively manages regulatory risks.Â
What should you have done in your career?
- At least 3 years of relevant background in a Compliance function
- Experience in payments/financial services
- Ability to develop deep relationships with regulators (Central Banks or other regulatory bodies) across multiple jurisdictions
- Excellent sense of judgment â able to help steer the company to balance innovation and growth with regulatory compliance
- Critical problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive, adapt and embrace change in rapidly-changing regulatory environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Aptitude, ability, and passion to solve customer queries.
- Strong negotiation, influence, and persuasion skills
- Ability to deliver even in high-pressure, time-sensitive situations.
- Experience with contact center tools
- Ability to work in teams to deliver on set goals.
- Result-oriented â always focused on completing tasks on time, accurately, and efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Integrity and honesty
What do you benefit from this?
- Competitive Salary
- Opportunity to work with people building innovative projects
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.