Our client exists for the eco-conscious individual who is looking for cost-effective and eco-friendly alternatives in their life and work. We have developed a circular economy ecosystem that provides a data-driven upcycling platform, an eco-conscious community, and cost-effective eco-friendly products. Daily we are working to make upcycling convenient, rewarding and sustainable, in a bid to establish a circular economy in Africa. The Communication Lead role will be responsible for designing and implementing organizational communication plans that involves managing our external and internal communications. You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on our company’s behalf. Experience in corporate communication, marketing and copywriting are mandatory. The Lead will also manage the Marketing and Communication team. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment, also be innovative, organized, and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external role-players.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
General Marketing & Communication
- Design a comprehensive communication plan which includes an ongoing strategy centered in sustainability across all online and offline platforms
- Collaborate with the team to develop marketing and communications plans to promote the company's resources, research, publications, public awareness, community building and advocacy efforts
- Create a brand book that clearly articulates rules and guidelines for the brand across initiatives, then re-work branding for initiatives as needed to bring them more in line
- Collaborate with staff on writing and editing content for the website and email marketing efforts, including monthly newsletter
- Lead marketing and communications support, including branding, offline and online engagement
- Maintain communications editorial calendar across all offline and online channels.
- Contribute to funder and partner engagement content development in collaboration with key staff
- Foster media contacts and write blogs and stories for placement in media
- Support media and other relevant external partner relationships as needed
- Collaborate with the team to advance the organization’s mission, implement its strategic plan, and support the team’s effort to build its identity through community building, outreach and engagement efforts.
Community Building, Advocacy, Social Media & Website Management
- Manage all offline and online aspects of the company's media presence (Community building and Advocacy, Website, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube,)
- Drive strategy to engage existing and new community members
- Drive strategy to engage existing and new followers on company social media accounts
- Lead content creation for company's social media, including blog content, tweets, posts, and videos
- Increase awareness for company's and partner organizations’ initiatives and events
Data & Analytics
- Monitor, report, and present on online engagement analytics (web, email, social media, earned media)
- Analyze metrics to leverage maximum engagement across platforms.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in marketing and communications strategy/copywriting and proposal development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, Google Suite and related business and communication tools.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Relevant certification required
- A portfolio of work available for review.
- The mode of work is Hybrid. You can expect to work around 40 hours per week. Extended hours may be required to meet deadlines or to introduce new systems. You could be on call at weekends or on public holidays to deal with problems.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.