- As a professionally bilingual Commercial Manager, you will be an integral member of the entrepreneurial Strategic Ventures Team with core responsibility of infrastructure projects development and implementation activities across Francophone countries in particular (Gas & Power projects inclusive), as well as being involved across the entire cycle of client engagements of the company globally.
- As a member of an entrepreneurial management team, there is a variety of diverse challenges that you will manage commercially, particularly as it relates to dealing with multiple stakeholders and partners across Francophone countries and globally. You will also be expected to grow the existing business model and help capitalize on future opportunities.
- You will be expected to have very sound experiences and professional skill sets in developing, structuring, negotiating, raising capital (debt and equity) and executing various Gas-related, Solar PV/Batteries and Hydropower projects across the countries.
Key Job Functions:
(Main activities undertaken by the jobholder and reflective of the most important features of the job)
Your key duties shall include but not limited to the following:
- Financial modeling and tariff development across the value chain of thermal power plants with the capability to translate same to renewable energy tariff model.
- Negotiations of Gas and Power Infrastructure commercial terms and structures in investments agreements.
- Business development activities and relationships management duties with clients, relevant stakeholders, including government agencies, communities etc.
- Translation of documents from English to French and vice versa, as well as acting as interpreter during meetings.
- Contract administrations and monitoring for effective compliances to executed terms.
- Project finance, financial modeling, project and corporate finance structuring and project capital (Debt and Equity) fundraising exercises.
- Projects and business implementation & operations monitoring BI-Monthly reporting to the top management of the Company.
- Scenario planning involving sensitivity analysis of various business models based on capacity, costs, revenue, and regulations. Model tax, equity, and debt to optimize capital structure.
- Design of multiple investment strategies and structures that will enable the Company to raise new capital and leveraging on existing businesses to raise additional capital for the Company.
- Other functions and duties as assigned from time to time by the management.
Experience/ Skills & Competencies/ License & Certification/ Education Required:
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the following personality and experiences traits:
- Have a hands-on management style in supporting and providing commercial oversight of the Company's project development and implementation activities.
- Have considerable African Energy sector experience across multiple countries.
- Experience working in blue-chip corporates and more entrepreneurial start-up environments
- Have the necessary tenacity and stakeholder management skills to build trusting and effective relationships with off-takers, external stakeholders and partners.
- Must be proficient in excellent written and spoken French & English languages
- Should be a high calibre professional with the necessary operational, commercial, and financial experience.
- Minimum of 2:1 Degree from a reputable University.
- MBA from a reputable Institution or membership of a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
Years of Experience: 7+ years
Location: The candidate must be able to travel to Abuja, Lagos, London.