- Processing, verifying, and posting receipts for goods sold or services rendered.
- Researching and resolving account discrepancies.
- Processing and recording transactions
- Maintaining records regarding payments and account statuses.
- Obtaining information from other departments to ensure records are accurate and complete and that accounts receivable ledgers and journals are up to date.
- Working with the sales department to review accounts and client payment and credit history to develop new or better repayment terms.
- Performing administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients to discuss their accounts.
- Generate and send out invoices
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
- Communicate with customers via phone, email or personally
- Perform reconciliations
- A first degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field.
- Previous experience as an Account Receivable Officer is required.
- Relevant professional certifications are required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in the use of QuickBooks.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Attention to detail.
Note: Only candidates in Lagos, Nigeria should apply.