You will be responsible for preparing accounts and managing financial information. You will also be advising and helping the Company with financial situations. Core responsibilities are typically to prepare and examine financial records, assuring information is up to date and accurate.
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Enhanced numerical and quantitative skills: These are key as you will be dealing with all aspects of finance such as Payables, Receivables, and stock.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills: You need strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail as you will be analysing financial performance and handling important documents. You will also be dealing with complex data sets.
- Time management and organisation: Working in accountancy means you will be dealing with strict deadlines and you will need to have a system to keep track of your responsibilities and priorities.
- Communication: Not only will you have to communicate with different teams, but you will also frequently have to communicate with clients. You will need to be able to communicate complex information in a clear and understandable way.
- Accounting Software: A very good knowledge of Accounting software such as Sage, Quickbooks, and ERP is an added advantage.
- Attention to Details: This is a very important skill as you will be dealing with different clients.