- Follow-up execution of Completion operations from the office. Ensure that all company and client’s policies and procedures are fully adhered to during Completion, well testing and associated jobs.
- Apply and follow Company rules and related international practices and standards. By default, if the standard is not explained by Company Rules, the API Recommended Practices are applicable.
- Ensure deviations from execution of the programs are only conducted with the appropriate level of technical authorization.
- Provide comprehensive and accurate reports and supporting data for all ongoing operations as well as managing any activities and interfaces related to the execution of the operations in accordance with technical, operational and HSE standards.
- Assist in sharing lessons learned within Clients and Contractors for operations optimization purposes.
- Control equipment mobilization and acceptance testing. Control and follow up down-hole equipment stock status related to operations.
- Prepare Completion Programs, and ensure they are fully fit for purpose and understood by all personnel by the application of prephase meetings, workshops etc. Participate in CWOP (Complete Well on Paper) meetings with orientation to improve required skills to concerned parties.
- Prepare optimal logistics plans for execution of the programs as per the agreed planning schedule.
- Ensure accurate storage of information and data relating to Well files and well data, in line with company & its Clients procedures.
- Interface with drilling, geo-sciences, and well performance team leaders at every stage of the well completion. Integrate and liaise with other entities to ensure efficient and effective preparation of Completion programs.
- To Ensure safety and environmental protection, guarantee the accomplishment of the Completion operations at the rigs, in compliance with codes of practices, while optimizing and improving costs and lead times.
- To provide support for the planning, engineering and coordination of various stages of Completion including preparation and execution.
- Prepare post-job evaluation of Completion operations; These will include, but not being limited to participation in and follow up of design of the completion programs with assistance of service contractors and in coordination with other entities.
- Provide specific assistance to Rig Superintendents in logistics support and operational follow-up of the following completion-related activities: Well-bore Clean- Up, completion brine design and QAQC, TCP and / or E-Line Perforation, Lower Completion installation and Sand Control placement, Upper Completion installation and testing, X-Mas Tree installation and testing.
- When and if needed, occasional onsite assistance in supervision of rig-based or rig less operations may be included at convenience of company & its Clients Wells Division management.
- The safe execution of agreed Completion activities on time and within budget to deliver maximum value across assets.
- Have a qualification in Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or a similar technical or scientific discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar technical capacity is required, with demonstrated experience in engineering and delivery (operations), preferably with major Service Companies and/or IOC's.
- Experience of West Africa operating environment (offshore, remote...). Also have experience in direct operations supervision.
- Exposure to the design and delivery of completions in different operating and depositional environments (with a priority on unconsolidated sandstone reservoirs).
- Experience of low-cost environments and Brown Fields operations is a definite plus.
- Must be fluent in English and PC literate.
- An IWCF Surface BOP Stack Certificate, Well Intervention Pressure Control, or IADC WellCAP (Supervisory Level) is required.
- Ability to work effectively with others, strong interpersonal relations and communication skills.