- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Select and consolidate transportation/delivery routes/schedules to ensure efficient and economic use of resources.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move or store materials.
- In line with management policies, negotiate prices and terms with freight forwarders (local and export).
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, production, and quality control, to identify or qualify new third-party logistics partners
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Design or implement plant warehousing/store strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical planning, inventory distribution control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business and/or cost reduction strategies.
- Evaluate and select information or other information technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
- Ensure all direct reports are always adequately trained to carry out responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Science in a related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in Supply Chain Management
- Hands-on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Leadership skills and ability manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent understanding of Six Sigma