To successfully manage project finance and the Post Contract QS team to ensure the project remains on budget, identify areas of cost overruns and/or savings and minimize effect at an early stage.
- Provide regular financial update of all projects to the management
- Prevent cost overruns on all project
- Ensure timely submission of all valuations and claims
- The document payment status of all project as at when necessary
- Ensure optimum commercial return is achieved for the project.
- Prepare cost/value reconciliation reports on a monthly basis, accurately reporting the forecast final financial position of all projects
- Requests and comparison of sub-contractor quotations.
- Takeoff and Bills of Quantities preparation.
- Prepare project cash flow.
- Takeoff material quantities to prepare for the purchase.
- Measure and agree on subcontractor's payments.
- Prepare, submit and agree variations.
- Prepare, submit and agree project claims.
- Measure and agree final account.
- Material reconciliation documentation.
- Follow-up and ensuring payments of work done by Clients
- General contract administration.
- Evaluation and agreement of changes.
- Active involvement in construction
- Cascade and align organizational goals with departmental direction.
- Responsibility for driving the team’s welfare, development and team exposure in close collaboration with HR.
- Liaising with existing staff members, managers, supervisors, and clients in order to achieve set goals.
- Observing, analyzing, and offering suggestions on current departmental operations.
- Assisting with recruitment, training, and onboarding processes for new hires within the department.
- Establishing professional relationships with clients, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring all health and safety, as well as company regulations are followed by your team at all times.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Masters qualification + BSc/ HND Quantity Surveying, or similar
- MNIQS is a must-have
- 12 Years minimum experience as a quantity surveyor in a construction company.
- Have handled more than fifteen (15) projects from start to finish
- Able to read, interpret and work on different types of drawings e.g Structural, Architectural, MEP and Takeoff for Quantities and, build-up rates,
- Have good knowledge and interpretation of Standard Contract Conditions e.g JCT, FIDIC and prepare Claims.
- Excellent understanding of the tendering process.
- Able to prepare a cash flow projection.
- Abel to manage a minimum of 3 team members.
- Thorough in preparation of technical documents.
- Peripheral Competencies:
- Have negotiation skills,
- Has a good understanding of the management of Teamwork
- Ability to coach and mentor subordinates
- High Level of Professionalism
- Team Player
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Project Drafting Software