The Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for providing oversight and strategic leadership for the finance function in ICAL. He/She will drive Compliance and commercial Control; as well as the Financial Strategy of the group and its businesses and lead strategic and operational plans in protecting the revenues/profits of ICAL.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 6 years
- Serve as Advisor to the Board of ICAL and Executive Management. Provides counsel on the interrelationships between ICAL’s current and future business priorities vis-à-vis its financial position.
- Collaborate on strategy design and objectives; contribute to the formulation of future direction and strategic choices of ICAL.
- Provide input into the development of the Corporate Performance Management (CPM) framework. Makes inputs via strategic insights and necessary finance-related requirements – cash flow statements, balance sheets, and income statements.
- Collaborates in setting, tracking, and reviewing corporate performance metrics and indicators.
- Lead the design of the Capitalization Structure for ICAL. Drives various activities that make inputs into capital budgeting, long-term investment opportunities et al
- Identify, recommend, and implement optimal balance sheet structure for ICAL; in compliance with internal balance sheet ratios, and regulatory requirements, and monitor the effectiveness of balance sheet management strategies for the organization.
- Interpret and translate financial statements and information to drive strategic and successful business decisions and growth. Communicates interpretations to ICAL’s board, and Executive Management to enable effective decision-making.
- Design and implement Taxation Framework, Standards, and Guidelines for ICAL; in line with current and projected statutory provisions on taxation. Ensures the organization is in complete adherence to global best practices in Tax Management while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Design models and frameworks to guide the reporting of all ICAL organizations’ charts of accounts and accounting operations
- Ensure adherence to regulatory and compliance provisions with respect to the organizations’ internal accounting processes, records, and reporting.
- Drive company-wide budgeting and forecasting process with the aim of providing ICAL with a comprehensive financial plan, for achieving its financial and operational goals.
- Provides unique insights and position on market factors, industry trends, and other cost drivers that could impact budget performance.
- Initiates, builds, and manages sustainable relationships with senior management of ICAL; other industry players, interest groups, and stakeholders within and outside Africa.
- Ensures investor and partnership compliance, with regards to “investor acquisition” drives and strategies.
- Provide leadership for the Finance Team within ICAL. Plays the role of coach and talent manager in fostering team cohesion, productivity, effectiveness, and engagement.
- Design framework and policies to guide financial interactions between ICAL and other associated companies set up by the parent company.
- Monitors all financial operations and transactions between ICAL and other companies within the group; to ensure group reporting is aligned with individual company reporting.
- Ensures synergy between ICAL and associated companies, by creating financial and profit opportunities internally within the Imperial group.
- Cost Management: Leads strategic cost management in the organization; through the deployment of waste elimination efforts and the implementation of activity-based costing measures.
- Degree from an accredited institution
- Advanced degree (MBA/MSc Finance)
- Min. of 6 years work experience in Finance; out of which 3 years should be at senior mgt.
- Experience in GAAP, and IFRS reporting is critical.
- Experience in Corporate Finance will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional certification – CFA, ACCA, CGMA
- Experience in partnering with Executive Management; to design and develop adequate finance, strategy, and goals, that drive corporate mission and objectives.
- Expertise in developing and interpreting financial models within a startup company.
- Technology / Digital savvy – comfortable in using digital tools for analytics, reporting, forecasting et al
- Proven ability to exercise sound financial judgments within a high-past complex work environment.
- Proven experience with corporate governance within a new / start-up company
- Ability to quickly understand issues and make wise financial decisions on behalf of the organization.
- Able to inspire confidence with internal/external parties.
- Problem-solving skills - able to manage and resolve complex financial situations adequately.
- Strong remote working skills – able to work and deliver tasks using digital and virtual tools and skills.
- Professional in work approach – high integrity and honesty; dependable and adaptable to situations
- Exceptional relationship-building skills to engage multiple stakeholders, senior executives, and Board
- Strong competencies in strategy, corporate finance, treasury, tax, financial modeling, budget forecasting and cost management, financial reporting and compliance; and investment planning
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.