The position has three specific core responsibilities, as well as several additional responsibilities that will evolve throughout the duration of the position in line with the country strategy.
- Strategic Projects/Initiatives: Assist the BURN’s Country Manager and Expansion team in the planning, implementation and tracking of strategic projects, in particular, market research projects.
- Information Gathering: Gather critical market information on the improved cookstove sector, BURN’s distribution partners, competitor activity and other key areas of the market.
- Account Management: Support distribution partners with business strategy, requests, information and marketing support.
- New Business Development: Identify and develop new distribution partnerships targeting wholesalers, retailers, financial institutions, corporations/government institutions and NGOs.
- Research and Reporting: Produce analytical reports on the development of strategic projects, including distribution activities, marketing projects, sales forecasting, as well as comprehensive research reports on a diverse range of topics.
- Merchandising Strategy: Assist in the development of the company’s merchandising strategy; ensure that all products are visible and well displayed across all retail outlets/points of sale.
- Administrative Work: Assist with a range of administrative-related tasks.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor or MBA degree, preferably in business, market intelligence or marketing
- 1+ years’ experience in project management and demonstrated ability to coordinate complex projects with many stakeholders to deliver results on time
- Knowledge of the sales and marketing fields in the Nigerian context, preferably in consumer durables and/or fast-moving consumer goods
- Strong analytic/number-crunching background, particularly with sales and marketing data
- High level of comfort working with high-level business clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, a desire to ‘sell for good’ and willingness to get your “hands dirty”.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience developing business strategy and plans
- Experience in identifying and developing B2B distribution partnerships in Nigeria
- Experience managing key accounts across a range of distribution channels
- Previous experience in market research or M&E.
***This position is only open to recent graduates (Bachelor or MBA degree), who graduated from university either in 2018 or 2019.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)