We are looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position on behalf of our client, a microfinance bank located in Lagos. This position has dual reporting lines to the CFO and CEO, the successful candidate for this role will ensure that the bank complies with its outside regulatory and legal requirements as well as internal policies and bylaws. The candidate will monitor all banking activities on all accounts held with the DMBs and all other financial institutions by the bank and ensure accurate and timely completion of daily and monthly reconciliations of all bank accounts.
- Minimum Qualification: HND
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Investigate all transactions on the bank’s various accounts.
- Provide periodic feedback to the accounting department on exceptions observed.
- Provide documentation for supporting all financial transactions.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports regarding on all accounts operated by the bank.
- Assist auditors -internal and external- with the documentation required for the auditors to do their job satisfactorily.
- Perform the reconciliation and verification of accounts regarding bank balances.
- Reconcile and process transactions on all other accounts assigned by management.
- Maintain required files, reports and data.
- Reconcile and rectify all ledger accounts belonging to customers.
- Reconcile accounts that fall into receivable records with the sales invoices.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
- Reconcile all transactions on all maintained lending platforms to reconcile disbursements and repayments.
- Conduct periodic tests to ensure all systems and digital platforms are operated as planned.
- Develop and implement an effective legal compliance program.
- Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them.
- Draft and revise company policies.
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses.
- Evaluate business activities to assess compliance risk.
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed.
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation.
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices.
- Minimum academic qualification of a First degree/HND in Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
- Relevant Microfinance Bank professional certification (e.g., Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional - CCEP) would be an added advantage.
- 2 - 5 years of proven experience as a Reconciliation/Compliance Officer.
- Good knowledge of double entry, Excel, data analysis and accounting, and risk management.
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g., Anti-Money Laundering, or AML).
- Familiarity with industry practice and professional standards.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of banking software operation/usage.
- Integrity and professional ethics.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Attention to detail.
Remuneration: NGN 150,000 – 250,000 gross monthly
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.