- Consistently look to source tenders through various avenues open to the industry
- When tenders arrive, assess the type of tender, client and closing date of the tender to determine prioritization of all tenders.
- Review and assess tenders ensuring all tender documents are received and are correct
- Review tender documents assessing the scope, risks involved, tender complexity etc and provide feedback to the Tendering Manager
- In- conjunction with Quantity Surveyor, conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents.
- Delegate activities to the Junior Estimator and Quantity Surveyor
- Calculate and prepare quantities in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor.
- Source subcontractors & suppliers capable of complying with tender in coordination with Quantity Surveyor, Purchasing Officer and other Estimators
- Compile letter of offer, tender schedules, program and other items required by the tender
- Once the tender is completed incorporate all relevant details, forward to Senior Managers for review and approval prior to submission
- Liaise with client on an ongoing basis to determine the progress of tender
- Compile relevant tender information into Benchmark & estimate price
- Make tender amendments where applicable utilizing client feedback on the submitted tender.
Qualifications and Requirements
- HND/University degree in Quantity Survey.
- 5 years post-NYSC work experience in the construction industry would be preferred.
- Professional qualification would be an added advantage.