We are looking to hire a qualified Accountant reporting to the Managing Director. This is a full-time position supporting UK clients from an office in Ajah Lagos. All client work will be done virtually so being proficient with QuickBooks is key for this role, along with the ability to pick up other software quickly. The candidate will provide expert and efficient accounting services to our clients, ensuring accuracy and compliance in all financial transactions. The successful candidate will be skilled in using QuickBooks or Xero and will be tested on their proficiency. The list of software we use is growing so we need someone that can pick up on these things really easily. The use of excel to advanced level is also key as we still have clients that we prepare accounts from bank statements, so working with complex Excel workbooks is required.
- Minimum Qualification: HND
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Recording financial transactions and ensuring accuracy.
- Reconciling bank statements.
- Maintaining up-to-date records of invoices, payments, and receipts.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Assisting in the year-end financial closing process.
- Generating and analyzing financial reports as required.
Value Added Tax (VAT):
- Preparing and filing VAT returns in compliance with relevant laws.
- Advising clients on VAT-related queries.
- Keeping up-to-date with VAT regulations and any changes therein.
- Booking and reviewing journal entries to ensure accurate representation of the company's financial position.
- Rectifying any discrepancies or inaccuracies in the financial data.
- Communicating with clients to gather financial data and provide updates.
- Addressing and resolving any financial or accounting queries from clients.
Continuous Learning & Development:
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest accounting standards, best practices, and regulations.
- Attending workshops, courses, or seminars to enhance professional competence.
- Self-reliant and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Minimum academic qualification of HND/BSc degree in accounting
- 3 years of working experience
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High degree of integrity, confidentiality, and professionalism.
- Team player with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
An understanding of the UK accounting principles is not mandatory but is very welcome.
Being able to self-study to get up to speed on the requirements is essential.
Location: Ajah, Lagos
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.