The Project Finance Officer will be part of the “Country Finance team” where (S)he is based. The officer will provide administrative project support to two (or three) countries for DFCD related activities. The officer will be supervised by the CFM of his/her Country Finance team. Finance officer will work directly with the SNC DFCD Global Project Finance and SNV project staff in the countries.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Record (financial) project data into SNV admin systems, monitor and analyze project data, take appropriate actions to ensure completeness and correctness of the financial transactions, prepare the monthly internal project reports for the DFCD Project Finance Officer and country finance managers and provide project reports in accordance with the SNV project policies, templates and reporting deadlines
- Support the contracting process for origination grants and overall administrative monitoring and reporting on agreed milestone delivery.
- Assure that all financial transactions are done according to SNV authorizations and required back up information
- Organize, document and archive relevant documentation in our system, keep files complete, up to date and easily accessible conform our administrative and filing procedures
- Follow up on project related receipts and payments, review liquidity levels of the project, prepare the financial documents for liquidity requests to the donors conform the agreement between the donor and SNV
- Provide the DFCD Global Project Finance Officer with country budgets, country project reviews/meetings, collecting, analyzing and consolidating the (monthly) project reports
- Contribute to implementation of changes and / or improvements in (financial) project processing, procedures or policies.
- Provide support capacity building support to DFCD grantees to apply SNV administrative policies and procedures
- Execute audit of the grant funded origination projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field
- Professional accounting qualifications up to final level
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in a project organization, experience within an international organization is an advantage
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in financial accounting of which 2 years in project accounting
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Fluency in English and French is required
- Experience with SAP (SAP by Design; SAP R3 or other), though not mandatory, will be an advantage
- Willingness to travel to any of the target countries in West Africa
- Pro-active and supportive team player.
Conditions of employment:
- This is a full-time national position based in Abuja, with travel to countries in West Africa.
- The successful candidate will be hired for a contract of 2 years, with the possibility of renewal.
- The salary is competitive and proportional to qualifications and experience and includes a competitive benefits package.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Expected start date: January 2024.
Remuneration: NGN 691,164 - 799,787
- 13th Month Bonus
- Medicare (Self and Family)
- Employer Pension
- Group Life Insurance
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.