Women Initiative for Sustainable Empowerment and Equality (WISE) is an NGO dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of Lesbian, Bisexual, Queer, and Transgender (LBQT) women as well as other groups of marginalized/minority women in Northern Nigeria. WISE is looking to recruit a young person preferably a young person who identifies as female and is passionate and skilled in the field of human rights to advance advocacy and build movements.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Identifying advocacy opportunities and priorities, and executing strategy.
- Designing and implementing human rights programs
- Maintain existing partnerships and grow the organization’s network of strategic partners
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Preparing proposals, reports, briefings, and other such publications
- Prepare final project reports, providing feedback to donors while critically assessing every project for growth and sustainability
- Support and build on the organization’s monitoring and evaluation strategy and framework
- Content development for the organization’s website, annual report, social media, events, email newsletters, and other materials
- Keep a finger on the pulse of relevant literature, articles, events, conferences, and trending news related to WISE’s projects and industry space
- Support organization-wide activities, events, and campaigns actively and as needed
- Facilitating training and other capacity-building activities
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A degree in Gender Studies, International Relations / Studies, Political Science, Sociology or other relevant Social Sciences.
- At least three years of relevant work experience in the NGO space.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research.
- Experience facilitating training and Project Management Skills.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills.
- Fluency in English; fluency in Hausa is an advantage
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels
- Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating with both external partners and the internal project teams in formal and informal presentations
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong team player
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follow-through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management, and people skills.
- Passion for human rights, specifically, LGBTQ rights and Equity
- Personal qualities of integrity, sense of humor, humility, creativity, and ability to take initiative.
Remuneration: NGN 155,000 monthly.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.