- Overseeing and monitoring the production process, drawing up a production schedule for the various health care products.
- Ensuring that the production is cost effective.
- Estimating costs of products and setting quality standards to ensure that they are produced on time and are of the right quality and quantity.
- Managing the human and material resources needed; drafting a timescale for production and adjusting schedules as needed.
- Take full responsibility in terms of management of production, quality targets and to ensure the smooth running of the production processes.
- Ensure good communication is given either verbally or written to all Production Supervisor.
- Ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to during the production process and around the production facilities.
- Maintain high level of timekeeping in the production plan in order to achieve set targets and customers’ order
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment.
- Supervising and motivating a team of production workers and reviewing their performance as well as identifying training needs.
- Reporting the process flow on production, challenges and needs to the Head of Production.
- Perform any other duties or tasks not within the scope of the above stated duties as may be required by the organization or assigned by the CEO or Head of production.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
Oral & Written Communication skills:
Ability to transmit information effectively i.e. in clear, unambiguous terms to factory workers and staff at all levels. Ability to understand technical information and relay it in a manner that is clearly understood by others.
Responsive and Results Orientation:
Personal passion and drive to meet and exceed assigned production targets.
Ability to look beyond the obvious in problem-solving.
Good understanding of production processes
Knowledge of production quality standards
Possession of human skill (Ability to interact effectively with people).
Ability to develop, build and manage a relationship with key departmental staff.
Sound ethics and integrity:
Must be discernibly honest and of consistent upright character
Ability to work to deadlines and be willing to work flexibly
Must be ethical i.e. must follow the ideals and responsibilities of the industry as set out in the code of ethics guiding operations and operators in the industry.
Must have knowledge of how to resolve products delays challenges swiftly.
Good project management skills
Ability to make effective decision under pressure
Fostering innovation and creativity
Must be able to communicate with employees at all levels.
Good presentation skills.
Must be able to multitask
Must have knowledge of Microsoft office tools.
A first degree in a science related field
Minimum of five (5) years post-graduate experience.
Ability to lead others and be lead
Good understanding of health and safety
Analytical and mathematical minds