- Responsible for operating stationery or travelling overhead crane to move, lift and position loads which includes products, equipment, machinery and solid or heavy materials with the aid of hoisting attachments like sling, electromagnet, hook or bucket.
- Knowing the machine well. The operator must understand its functions and limitations as well as its particular operating characteristics.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the information contained in the overhead crane's operating manual.
- Being familiar with the overhead crane's load chart. The operator must understand the correct meaning of all notes and warnings and be able to calculate or determine the crane's actual net capacity for every possible configuration of the machine.
- Inspecting and maintaining the crane regularly as prescribed by both the owner and manufacturer.
- Informing the Line Manager of any problems, needing maintenance, or necessary repairs to the machine. This should be done in writing, preferably in the machine's logbook or inspection report.
- Recording in the log or report the details of all inspections, maintenance, and other work done on the crane while in the field.
- Supervising and training the apprentice if one is present.
- Being aware of any site conditions that could affect the crane operation. Be particularly cautious around power lines.
- Minimum of NABTEB Certificate, License to operate a crane, Medical Certification and Must have commercial driver’s license.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in crane operation.
- Proficiency in using MS Word and Excel and other relevant software.
- Membership of a professional body would be an added advantage.
Location; Bonny Island (Not limited to)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (CVs, Cover Letter and Credentials) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email..