- EcoBlvd is a start-up social enterprise that is focused on pioneering a circular economy. Our mission is very simple, turn waste into energy. We aim to become a global renewable energy leader with an unrelenting pursuit to create multifaceted energy solutions that will transform the energy sector.
The Mini-Grid Business Development Consultant will report and work closely with the CEO. This individual will play a key role in supporting and developing a world-class standard mini-grid for unserved and underserved communities in Nigeria:
- Conduct preliminary site assessments to identify potentially attractive sites for mini-grid development.
- Preparation and development of cost-reflective and affordable tariff utilising NERC tariff calculation guidance tool.
- Development of a detailed financial model to include cash flow projections & business valuation model.
- Provide guidance on permitting, regulation and legal frameworks for the selected project to ensure compliance with relevant laws, policies and rules.
- Provide guidance on customer acquisition strategy and awareness campaigns.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, Management, Engineering or other related fields.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in off-grid or on-grid projects (Note: only applications that strictly meet this criteria will be reviewed).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work with diverse multi-cultural setups.
- Experience working with Government, international and/or non-governmental agencies, donor organizations or other relevant authorities.
- Financial management experience is a plus.
- Excellent use of Microsoft office product and basic IT knowledge.
- A proven track record of delivering in complex environments is highly desired.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to gather, analyse and present data.