- Premium Subscriptions: There are two focus areas in the development of this revenue line, individual and institutional. Our company has over 7,100 individual profiles and would like to develop a strategy to mine this list to identify institutions and individuals that will become premium subscribers. At the institutional level, we have information on key user sectors; insurers, brokers, Pension Fund Administrators (PFAs) and High Networth Individuals (HNIs). There are also individual profiles not affiliated with any institutions. The MSO will work with the two segments of this database to generate subscriptions. The initial target will be to secure 10 institutions building up to 20 with a final target of 30.
- Data Feeds: Broadstreetlagos.com has capacity to support the roll out of online trading by providing some of its content through data feeds to target institutions. The service is charged per widget per user. The widgets will make the content available to the client’s platforms.
- The MSO in partnership with other staff will identify institutions that will become users of this service. The performance of this service is driven by the user base of the institutions. There are 5m stockbroking accounts, securing a user base that represents a significant portion of this through the institutions will be a goal.
- Capacity Building: Applied Logic has developed training programs that address the use of analytics in the local capital market. The training is in 6 modules targeting private and public sector organizations. The MSO will market these programs periodically to existing clients or as a bridge to new clients. Our offerings are available through a relationship with the Nigeria Stock Exchanges Graduate Trainee Programme (GTP). Applied Logic expects to have at least 2 sessions per annum. Public Sector: A number of public sector institutions have need for BSLs services. We already have relations with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- The MSO will identify other public sector institutions that can be potential clients maintaining relationships that will ensure conversion to paying clients. Display Advertising: BSL has the facility to accept adverts from entities interested in advertising their products or services. Although not an immediate priority as site traffic would need to be increased significantly for this to happen, the MSO would need to develop the administrative backend so that the process for display ad management is more efficient.
1. The MSO will develop a strategy by which these tasks will be accomplished
2. The MSO will liaise with APL staff to support outreach to the target audience
3. The MSOwill encourage target clients to attend APL workshops as an entry point to the platform towards wider institutional access
4. The MSO will secure relationships with third parties that are in position to secure subscriptions, developing a compensation model for that (Channel distribution)
5. The MSO will periodically attend networking events that are likely to have high participation from the target institutions
The MSO will report to the Finance and Admin Manager.
1. Conversion of as many of the 7,100 profiles to premium
2. Increase participation in APL training sessions
3. Increase number of institutions that subscribe to our data feeds for online trading or other services
4. The MSO will work with other staff on other projects that will benefit the companys business objectives