- Legal implementation of asset finance, acquisition finance, debt capital markets and property finance transactions
- Advising the client on the legal aspects of transactions as well as continued research into various aspects of the law and regulatory framework impacting on the legal
viability of the transactions
- Reviewing of, among others, loan agreements, shareholders agreements, preference share agreements and security agreements
- Preparing necessary documentation, reviewing and negotiating with the client and their legal representatives to finalise the agreements
- Reviewing and vetting of various agreements on behalf of the client
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Being a trusted, solution-driven legal advisor and value-added partner to the client coverage, investment banking, global markets and transactional products and services businesses by providing timely, commercial and judgment-based legal advice, input and oversight. This facilitates informed, risk-based decision-making by the front office stakeholders in their activities and seamless coordination and implementation of deals;
Engaging and working closely with external legal counsel as and when required and ensuring their accountability, cost efficiency and competitiveness and excellence in expertise and service delivery.
Working closely with other stakeholders to identify legal risks, providing actionable, solution-orientated advice to mitigate those risks, reporting incidents of non-compliance as necessary and ensuring risks are properly understood and mitigated;
Where appropriate, drafting legal documentation;
Manage all legal implementation of transactions.
Develop and maintain strong and lasting relationships with various stakeholders across the organisation.
Proactively develop and manage strong working relationships with front office staff and across business units.
Build and maintain strong networks of internal clients and external parties.
- Engaging and working collaboratively with deal team members in cross border and multi jurisdictions to develop a harmonized approach to common issues and policies
- Drafting and reviewing financing and security documents
Memorandums of incorporation
Security documents including, cessions and guarantees
Preference share agreements
Legal opinion work
Attending to mandate and term sheets
Advising on equity interests
Mandate letters and term sheets
Drafting and reviewing targets, plans and timelines
Funding, project finance, investment advice
Lending, project and equity
Knowledge / Technical Skills / Expertise Technical Competencies:
Financial industry regulatory framework
Written and verbal communication