- To drive investment analysis and due diligence.
- To provide superior research-based on global standards.
To provide investment recommendations to Chief Investment Adviser based on thorough research that aims to provide each client with the maximum returns within the the desired level of risk.
1. Thorough and objective timely investment research
• Conduct weekly market research and investment recommendations that
provide the investment team a reasonable basis to make investment decisions
• Provide monthly investment forecasts and market outlook research to aid
firm-wide investment decision making
2. Record all investment information, income, fees, and overall performance for the client and firm using the latest technology
• Spearhead the design, testing, and maintenance of a robust client investment
performance reporting system within the first year of joining
• Maintain confidential records of all clients in safe and secure database
• Track and monitor investment fees due to the firm together with the fund
3. Anchor investment performance reporting with 99% minimum accuracy
• Deliver daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual firm-wide performance
assessment for clients and the firm. Automate this process within year 1.
• Work with fund accounting to ensure 99% accuracy in client and firm-wide
reconciliation of performance numbers.
4. Develop systems, processes, and policies that ensure 99% efficiency in investment team operations.
• Develop the firm’s Investment Policy, Trading Policy, and other relevant
policies within one month of joining.
• Trade stocks and buy or sell other investment asset classes with 99%
accuracy in execution.
• Record 0% fraud losses or misappropriation. Ensure 100% accountability of
self and other staff by appropriate documentation and diligence.
You are not expected to be an expert in this field, as thorough and continuous
training would be provided. However, demonstrating a basic understanding of
investment and numeracy skills is important.
PERSONALITIES AND QUALITIES
• Analytical skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
• Honesty/integrity. Does not cut corners. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
• Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
• Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
• Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
• Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
• Independent thinker. Always asks why. Don’t do things a certain way just because everyone else does it that way. Seeks to understand why and make own decisions.
• Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
• Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
• Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement overwork. Has a can-do attitude.
• Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
• High standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
• Discrete - You keep the private details of your life, our business, and our team private. You take confidentiality and discretion very seriously.
ABOUT WEALTH PARADIGM
Our values and culture are deeply rooted in Islam. With the Almighty, our partners, our teachings, and our customers at our core, we live these values:
• Creating a culture of warmth and belonging, where everyone is welcome.
• Daring greatly, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other (humanity).
• Being present, connecting with worthiness, transparency, dignity, and respect.
• Honoring our fiduciary duties and our clients’ confidentiality and uphold global ethical standards.
• Delivering our very best in all we do, holding ourselves accountable for results.
• We are performance-driven, through the lens of service to the Almighty and humanity.
• To bridge the knowledge and skill gap between Shariah Compliant and conventional investment
• To make Shariah Compliant ethical investing accessible
• To be a global Shariah Compliant Investment Advisor, helping clients reach their ethical goals and maximizing returns, while making a meaningful impact on society taking into account social justice and morality, and the redistribution of wealth for economic empowerment.
• You are dealing with a startup. Zero processes are currently in place. You are expected to
PERKS & COMPENSATION:
• This will start as a project-based role and potentially transition into a Part-Time or Full-Time role.
• Our office is located in Abuja. Therefore, we are looking for people based in Abuja.
• You’ll work directly with the Chief Investment Adviser and get access to trainings so you’re equipped to be successful in your role. Compensation is based on experience. More details
on this to be discussed with candidates that advance to the final level of the recruitment process.