Women's Enterprise Acceleration Vehicle (WEAV Capital)
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
The Women’s Enterprise Acceleration Vehicle (WEAV Capital) is a female-led, mission-driven venture capital fund, providing seed and series A funding, access to networks, and advisory services to female founders. WEAV Capital operates with a triple bottom line – to generate impact while generating commercial and sustainable returns. This is a full-time position. The analyst will report directly to the Founding Partner.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Sourcing founders that are solving important problems: reaching out to founders, building long-term relationships, and filtering opportunities
- Conducting market research on focus sectors. The analyst will conduct a deep analysis of industry trends and dynamics using complex datasets to produce research reports and presentations and build investment theses.
- Performing due diligence on companies and proposing deal terms, working in conjunction with the Managing Partner
- Interfacing with co-investors on prospective and existing deals. Interfacing with portfolio companies and tracking their progress and impact.
- Drafting investment memos and using data to support investment decisions and assess risks and liabilities of deals and provide accurate reports. Drafting internal presentations to our Investment Committee
- Managing CRM for deal tracking and LP reporting and taking notes on investment-related calls
- Providing operational support to portfolio companies including Just-In-Time tailored technical assistance on key growth challenges – including organizational structure and hiring, developing market expansion strategies, developing product go-to-market strategies, supply chain optimization, etc.
- Building a community for our ecosystem of female founders
- Demonstrated commitment to WEAV’s mission of working with female entrepreneurs
- Minimum academic qualification of a degree in Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, or a similar field
- 2 years of experience in an investment or consulting role
- Knowledge of financial statements – income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements.
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
- Experience in building businesses and supporting scale
- Knowledge of and links to the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Africa – e.g. incubators, accelerators, VCs, etc.
- Knowledge of business operations – sales, marketing, hiring, supply chain, market expansion, etc.
- Strong research, verbal communication, and writing skills. Should be able to write and produce thought pieces independently
- Self-starter and quick learner that is able to work within a small dynamic team
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft office tools – Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong presentation skills.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.