â¢ Responsible for monitoring all inventory transactions in the general ledger.
â¢ Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the cost of inventory at the plant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and coordinate periodic physical inventory counts and cycle counts at the plant in line with DCP's inventory management policies and highlight variances to the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
- Carry out valuation of stock after each count and identify obsolete or disused stock for disposal and write-off.
- Revalue inventory at the new approved standard rates on a periodic basis.
- Maintain the general ledger for DCP's inventory at the plant.
- Coordinate with Production and Materials Management to reconcile inventory records.
- Perform period closing and related activities for reconciliation of inventory to general ledger.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
Education and Work ExperienceBachelor's degree or its equivalent in Accounting or a related discipline. Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience. Relevant professional certification ( ACA, ACCA, CIMA) will be an added advantage.
Skills and CompetenciesGood understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry. Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards. Good understanding of SAP and inventory control systems with a working knowledge of manufacturing processes. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
BenefitsPrivate Health Insurance Pension Plan Paid Time Off Training & Development Performance Bonus
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.