Internal Control Officer
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
We are looking for someone to ensure that potential risks and controls are adequately identified, measured appropriately, and recommendations implemented. The successful candidate will work in partnership with all stakeholders. The role will be reporting directly to the Team Lead of Internal Control.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for maintaining the Internal Controls Framework
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies.
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
- Daily Independent Call Over of all qualifying Transactions within 24 hours of posting and where practicable real-time and as may be advised from time to time.
- Ensuring the integrity of the general ledger through reconciliations and review of the fixed assets register.
- Ensure prompt resolution of all open issues in the Internal Audit Report, Management letter, Regulatory Examiners Report, and other Statutory Examiners Report involving departments under your purview.
- Internal control checks and records to safeguard company assets.
- Carry out detailed investigations when discrepancy or fraud is noticed.
- Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and develop best practices.
- At least 2 years’ experience in an Internal Control role
- ACA/ACCA certification is an added advantage.
- The Ideal candidate is a critical thinker with a keen interest in improving an organization’s internal control environment.
- Solid understanding and experience with internal control frameworks
- Strong communication skills presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organization with the right level of detail.
- Fintech experience is an added advantage.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.