Buddiez Hotels & Resort is currently recruiting an experienced Accountant to join our Team. Our hotel is new, recently launched in March of 2023.
- Minimum Qualification: OND
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Manage a small team while working with them to ensure completion of department responsibilities.
- Full-cycle accounting, ensuring all daily, month-end, quarterly, bi-annually, and year-end financial reporting is completed accurately and promptly for the various operations.
- Monitor and analyze financial data to identify trends, and variances and provide recommendations to improve profitability and sustainability.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts.
- Initiate and reconcile daily bank activity including POS, transfer and cash deposits, bill payments, etc.
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts, review discrepancies and problematic accounts, and guide staff on appropriate follow-up or corrective action.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable, including invoice management and collections.
- Daily sales reporting and reconciliation across multiple departments.
- Control, track, and reconcile inventories across all departments.
- Liaise with Directors and Managers and support them with their accounting, budgeting, cost control, and financial analysis needs.
- Reconciliation and submission of various monthly, quarterly, and annual government remittances (e.g., PAYE, Corporate Tax, VAT, etc).
- Process monthly salary payroll.
- Maintain an up-to-date, complete, and systematic filing system to support accounting, financial records, and payroll records to meet applicable requirements.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies, procedures, and standards.
- Liaise with external auditors and government agencies for financial audits and reporting requirements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial regulations and accounting standards.
- Act as a general supervisor on other duties.
- Experience of current prices from time to time in the market.
- OND in accounting, finance, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel and Office software.
- Hospitality experience is a definite asset.
- Strong accounting technical knowledge including financial statement preparation.
- Able to deliver accurate results and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.