KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties)
1. Provides thought-leadership support to the MD/CEO in the planning, designing, due diligence, and implementation of the strategic business objectives of the Bank.
2. Supports the MD/CEO in evaluating and manages new strategic alliances, business opportunities, initiatives for the Bank.
3.Conducts market research and analysis to determine the Bank’s competitive positioning across market, business, product and service segments.
4. Providing thought-leadership in the design, go-to-market strategy and rollout of the Bank’s products and value-added services, in a way and manner that ensures the Bank’s leadership in the market.
5.Leads the development of the strategic plan/framework for the organization, and the detailed current year operating plan, while adhering to direction set by the CEO and Board of Directors. This includes formalizing and leading the strategic planning process, focusing on long term trends, outlook, and competitive intelligence.
6. Facilitates the execution of the strategy by working collaboratively with the other Executive Team members and ensuring that the strategy is communicated and easily understood by all throughout the organization. Ensures that strategic actions are completed at various levels to achieve desired results.
7.Ensures that appropriate metrics are in place to measure performance and progress towards strategic goals.
8.Acts as a key advisor to Chief Executive Officer on critical changes in the competitive landscape, global marketplace and external business environment for all the subsidiaries.
9. Manages access and subscription to relevant research and data portals external to the Bank, to ensure that the Executive decision-making process is properly informed by up-to-date insights and research.
10. Engages external business and industry experts to learn and influence business strategies, constantly remaining alert and forward-thinking about opportunities and risks in the industry.
11. Align enterprise and business-unit strategies to ensure effective coherence and a unified execution drive.
12. Design and implement fit-for-purpose strategy execution models and provide thought-leadership support to Executive-Level leaders of the Bank in their strategy execution.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum)
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Engineering and MSc/MBA degree
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE (Minimum number of years)
▪ Minimum of 5 years cognate experience, 3 of which must have been spent in a strategy or market research
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS (Professional exams, member of relevant professional association etc..)
▪ Demonstrates proficiency in analytical research, leadership and strategic planning.
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES (technical and soft skills)
▪ Must have a strong working knowledge of management strategies, industry & market analysis, financial analysis and performance management, human capital planning & management, FinTech and the execution of technology strategy.
▪ Seasoned professional, with a strong strategy orientation, who has previously held several business and operational roles in fast paced and complex environments. Work experience should include success in a period of growth and/or transition.
JOB DIMENSIONS (Scope & Management elements of the job)
▪ Strategic thought leadership: Simplify and present the big picture to complex issues.
▪ Global mindset: Make connections across business units, functions and the market.
▪ Solution oriented: Analytical, creative, anticipates and manages risks towards solutions delivery.
▪ Proven transformer: Established track record of successfully driving change.
▪ Strong communicator: Confident with proven ability to influence at C-Suite level
▪ Relationship builder: Develops strong long-term, relationships at all levels within the Bank and in the market.
KEY INTERFACES (People you need to work with closely to be successful)
▪ Functional and Departmental Heads across the Bank.
▪ Executive Committee members.
▪ Executive leaders of key strategic alliance partners in the private and public sector.
▪ Chief Executives and top management staff at affiliate companies within the Finance Group.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS - KPI (Performance Measures & Targets)
▪ Same KPIs as the MD/CEO.
▪ Number of strategic alliances & partnerships secured.
▪ Quarterly competitor analysis reports produced accurately and on time.
▪ Monthly strategy implementation reports produced accurately and on time.