This position, reporting to the Finance Manager supports the finance team in managing multiple grants, recording and retrieving financial data, developing budgets, and generating grant reports of the foundation (of our client).
- Minimum Qualification: MBA / MSc
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 7 years
- Coordinates the accounting functions relating to grant and program management
- Drive financial reporting and other administrative requirements of grants/contracts of the foundation
- Lead grant audit and assurance exercise by funders and Donors
- Prepare monthly Burn rate analysis report/FSR, budget forecast, and variance analysis for review within the deadline
- Reconciliation of monthly Burn rate analysis report/FSR to monthly Cash balances, Balance Sheet, and P& L
- Monitoring/tracking Project/program budget throughout the life cycle
- Review all payment requests in line with the budget provisions of each grant/project
- Prepare invoices/billings and follow up with our client's contractors and Donors
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual financial narrative reports of all projects/programs in accordance with Donor requirements and ensure the timely submission thereof.
- Process and record drawdowns, track project inflows and program expense (actual & cumulative) and report same in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Director of finance & and grant for effective monitoring of direct costs to projects, and project pipelines with a view to identifying gaps in fund application.
- Manage the indirect cost of all projects consistently including monthly posting to SAP
- Collaborate with the FM in maintaining and updating the Grant Database of all Projects, tied multiple reports to this database for reporting to the Director of Finance and Grants, COO/CEO, Program Leads, and the Board.
- Develop a yearly organizational budget for review and ensuring compliance with the application
- Directly consult with all stakeholders (Program Managers, Director of Finance and Grants, Finance Department team members, etc. concerning the sponsored programs as related to financial administration of grants. This includes interpreting grant requirements and donor guidelines of such grants.
- Led the creation of a grants management system in SAP
- Management of our clients Sub-awardees/sub-recipients/Contractors
- Provide training and workshops to all grant stakeholders on financial management activities and related matters for efficient and effective reporting and ensuring compliance with respective grant policy guidelines and statutory regulations.
- Develop the RFP budget in conjunction with the Finance, Admin, and program teams while liaising with relevant officers to collect useful data in a timely manner.
- Support the Director of Finance and Grants in the month-end and year-end closure and statutory audit exercise
other duties as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- He/she must have hands-on experience in a Non-Profit Organization in Nigeria with a special focus on Grant and Subaward financial management or relevant experience.
- B.Sc./HND Accounting.
- Must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CNA, or Equivalent).
- Minimum of 7 years of grant and subaward management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- He/she must also have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in the use of accounting software such as SAP-ERP would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of statutory regulations related to sponsored programs
- Knowledge of personal computer-based applications including word processing, excel, and databases.
- Knowledge of general accounting and fiscal management principles
- Project Accounting experience in an international environment essential
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Work as an effective member of our client's Financial Management Team and the organization-wide team.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Innovative and strategic thinking
- Well-developed presentation and communication skills
- PC word processing, spreadsheet, and database preparation, and evaluation skills
- Report writing dealing with detailed, complex, and technical concepts
- Sound interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Interpretation of legislative and professional standards
- Good Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Consistent and highly organized.
- Proactive, flexible, and adaptable to a varied environment.
- Good communication skills at all levels and through various means
- Ethical, high integrity
- Good communication and listening skills
- Professional, responsible, and accountable
- Team player, supportive, encouraging development of our client’s work and staff
- Open to ideas and change
- Ability to establish rapport with
a wide range of professionals
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.