The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) is recruiting to fill positions for the Global Fund Projects, namely the Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH)/COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) and HIV projects. The Senior Finance officer provides support to the Finance & Admin Manager in safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of Global Fund (GF) against fraud, loss or misuse. The candidate is responsible for ensuring that any funds expended in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, NACA’s policy, and Global Fund Guidelines. Click link to Apply
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 7 years
- Working closely with the project team to ensure the successful implementation of the Global Fund project.
- Understand and articulate the basic tenets of Internal Control and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Global Fund Guidelines to other staff members.
- Develop tools to use to train PR and SR staff in proper financial record keeping procedures and procurement integrity.
- Lead the process of ongoing improvement of financial systems and internal controls at PR and SR levels.
- Implement standard NACA procedures to manage and monitor the financial resources of the project office. This includes: ensuring that all payments comply with NACA rules, regulations and Global Fund Guidelines and are supported by adequate documentation.
- Ensure accurate entry of transactions in accounting system assuring detailed memos, proper budget codes, account codes, activity and budget tracking.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Audit
- ICAN or equivalent degree (CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA, CFE, etc.) is an added advantage
- A minimum of 7 years of practical accounting or auditing and grants management experience
- Preferably at least 3 years’ experience working with donor funded projects (preferably Global Fund) at a senior level.
- Ability to use modern accounting software (NAVISION preferred)
- Effectiveness in training and coaching finance and non-finance staff in internal control policies and procedures to ensure highest standards are maintained
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- A chance to make a real difference in the lives of people affected by HIV/AIDS
If you are interested in working on a challenging and rewarding project to improve the health and well-being of Nigerians, we encourage you to apply.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.