We are a company with diversified interests operating in different sectors of the economy including oil and gas, FCMG, and Information Technology. We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our team and assist in managing our financial transactions, financial reporting, and budget preparation. You will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records and providing financial insight and analysis to support decision-making. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of accounting principles, experience with financial reporting P&L reviews, balance sheet reconciliations, preparing statements, compliance, and budgeting. It is an equal opportunity position with no preferred gender specification. Work is predominantly in-office with perhaps a day in the week remote.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Preparing month-end reports
- Completing monthly and quarterly tax returns
- Liaison with bank managers, external auditors, and tax specialists
- Month-end reconciliations (debtors, creditors, bank accounts, intercompany accounts, etc.)
- Preparing monthly management and group reporting packs
- Producing monthly end-of-year financial statements
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets and/or databases to record, monitor, and compile information
- Board reporting and preparation
- Preparing the annual budget
- Conducting internal audits such as salary and wage reviews
- Creating KPI reports
- Assisting in the audit compliance and internal control responsibilities
- Managing the delivery of monthly financial statements to strict deadlines
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting and monitor internal controls to achieve SOX compliance
- Tax reporting and inventory processing
- Ad hoc duties to support project teams.
- Minimum academic qualification of a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Professional certification is an advantage
- At least 3-5 years of experience in financial accounting or banking.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting standards
- Experience with financial reporting and budget preparation
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Knowledge of accounting software and ERP systems is preferred
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.