· Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
· Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
· Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
· Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance.
· Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
· Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
· Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
· Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
· Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
· Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers' requirements.
· Other duties assigned to you by Head of Technical Services.
- Minimum of High School (SSCE) with Test I, Trade Test II and Trade Test III certificate, or suitable equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience as an electrical technician, and willingness to continue in the field.
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings.
- Good Knowledge and practice of Health and Safety.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Must be creative and innovative
- Excellent attention to details
- Adept knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental Management(HSE)
- Must possess excellent leadership skills
- Good leadership skills
- Must possess organizational and analytical skills
- Must be a team player
- Must possess good communication skills.