Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Uniquely Yours.
You will manage the overall financial integrity and performance of a country, category, Supply Chain or FP&A. You will help directors prepare business proposals, verify assumptions, check for daily execution and support delivery of the business unit or region objectives, ensuring the integrity and timeliness of reporting. You will also manage a Finance team and may manage a third party team.
How you will contribute
- Manage aspects of finance planning and performance management process and related financial decisions potentially including strategic plan and annual contract planning/forecasting, target development, financial performance reporting/analysis, financial modeling and decision support for a focused scope within a region, business unit, country, Supply Chain, Mondelēz International Business Services or Corporate Finance team. You will own data integrity for managed scope.
- Contribute to a strong controls and compliance environment at Mondelēz International. You will also ensure that policies are understood in the organization and that proper controls and compliance are in place.
- Partner with the business providing critical financial data and insights to enable directors and wider business perspectives for strategy and decisions.
- Drive for harmonization, efficiencies and improvements to ways of working and build a mindset of continuous improvement within the Finance team.
- Build a high-performing Finance team. You will also recruit and develop Finance talent and drive our Finance talent agenda with a focus on the local FP&A pipeline.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE in financial planning and performance management including data structuring/validation, analyzing, planning and reporting company financial performance across all financial KPIs and strategy development, investment decisions and cost management to achieve financial targets.
- BUSINESS ACUMEN and understanding of our business, consumer packaged goods industry, and local snacking market dynamics. Relevant experience in a regional business.
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS including experiences with business partnering and communication across a large regional (or global), public company; experience of working as a finance leader managing a wider finance team and support/act as business to make decisions and drive execution to deliver results.
- GROWTH/DIGITAL MINDSET and the ability to identify opportunities and leverage technology to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- INTEGRITY and sound judgement in all decisions and interactions aligned with our values and policies and external regulations.
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
- Lead the Commercial Finance agenda for West Africa by being a strong business partner to the Sales, Category Planning and Activation, and Marketing Teams.
- Co-create the short term and long-term business strategy and support/ track execution.
- Lead and provide business decision support to stakeholders and Business Unit Leadership Teams in driving value creation, delivering profitable growth, margin improvement and managing overheads budgets.
- Evaluate investment project proposals across categories and ensure financial sustainability.
- Lead the Commercial Finance team and oversee Category Finance, Supply Chain Finance, Financial Controlling, Tax and Treasury teams.
- Developing and building capability and driving high performing teams.
- Part of the West Africa Leadership Team
What extra ingredients you will bring:
- Takes responsibility and is accountable.
- Highly analytical
- Has passion, courage and leads by example.
- Flexible mind-set and a willingness to make suggestions and improvements.
- Highly ethical and works within governance.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritises and plan effectively with strong execution abilities.
- Effective communicator and leader.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Able to build relationship with key stakeholders
- Ability to influence
- Ability to build strong high level strategic presentations
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance or Management Accounting. CIMA/ACCA preferred.
- 12-15 years’ experience in Finance Senior Management; with more than 7 years demonstrated experience in management accounting, financial planning within multinational business environments.
- Strong US GAAP / Internal Accounting Standards and Statutory Accounting Systems.
- Excellent and demonstrated Business Acumen with demonstrated experiences across functional process within multinationals.
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams.
- Uses analytical skills and judgment to solve problems with limited information at hand
- Excellent Strategic, Conceptual and Analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience of financial and manufacturing key performance indicators
- Excellent communication, people management and leadership skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to identify the smallest details that may have significant impact.
- Advanced MS Excel is a requisite; with knowledge of databases (Oracle) an advantage.
Job specific requirements:
In line with the job purpose, key accountabilities will entail the following:
- Accountable for Volume and Revenue Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting (monthly) through the Integrated Business Planning process.
- Accountable for consistency and accuracy of forecast submissions, KPIS, variance analysis
- Analyse and recommend pricing actions to mitigate the impact of commodities and FX movements.
- Provide financial support in decision making – driving the right decisions for growth and profitability.
- Create and maintain a strong internal controls environment.
- Build and maintain relationships with service providers, customers, banking institutions and relevant government authorities
- Support the Treasury team in discussions with the banks on interest rates, Letters of Credit, FX rates.
- Inform all Stakeholders of any potential financial risks and develop mitigating actions.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of all databases, data and financial submissions.
- Actively participate in project teams, new launches and other multi-functional project teams, providing support – project evaluation, advise and creating financial models.
- Accountable for the management of Sales Finance Teams providing the required support, training and development for continuous professional development.
- Oversee the total finance team in West Africa as the overall finance leader for the unit.
- Promote and lead financial knowledge and literacy to non-finance functions or employees by providing advice, consulting, training and on-line training.
- Financial Metrics – Volume, Revenue, Gross Profit, Operating Income, Free cash flow
- Statutory Compliance/ Internal Controls – As the Finance Director for the listed entity ensure strong internal controls and statutory compliances on financial practices.
- Analyse and provide insights from published results of key competitors
- Financial decision support for all investments in the company
- People and Engagement – Enabling wider organisational programmes around engagement and careers, providing coaching and relevant exposure to colleagues as needed.
External Stakeholders: Customers, Consultants, Auditors, Board of Directors, Banks, Tax Authorities
Internal Stakeholders: Finance (Category Finance, Accounting, FP&A, Supply Chain), Marketing, Category Planning & Activations, Supply Chain, Procurement, People Team, Business Unit Leadership Team
40 hours per week
Country to country Relocation support available through our Global Mobility Policies
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez International’s Sub Sahara Africa BU is seen as the growth engine for the business. Currently, we operate out of two major hubs – South Africa, servicing south, central and east Africa; and Nigeria, looking after West Africa. Our product offering is as diverse and exciting as our over 2000 passionate people. We are category leaders in South Africa with our Cadbury chocolates; and our Bournvita product is a firm family favourite in Nigeria. We also delight our consumers with our candy offerings of Halls and Tom Toms; our Stimorol and Clorets gum and global favourite Oreo.
In all that we do, we will do business the right way – with our products, the environment and our communities.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Finance Planning & Performance Management
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.