Accounting, Auditing & Finance
We are searching for a bold and conscientious Collections Officer to contact defaulters on loans and work with them to develop plans to pay those debts back. Collections Officers must also be willing to start legal proceedings against those who refuse to comply with debt recovery programs
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:No Experience/Less than 1 year
- Coordinate efforts to collect debts with sales, accounting, and legal departments.
- Create plans and strategies for collecting debts.
- Adhering to financial laws on the regulation of debt collection.
- Contact and communicate effectively with debtors by phone to negotiate and implement debt recovery plans.
- Search publicly available databases to track down people who default on debt, perform background checks, and issue loan documents.
- Prevent repeated payment negligence by working out practical debt payments.
- Negotiate settlements to receive payments on certain percentages of debt.
- Maintain electronic records and hard copies of all payment plans, amounts paid, and communications.
- Deliver statements of delinquencies and satisfied debts to credit bureaus and remove outdated records when debts have been satisfied.
- Initiate repossession and other legal proceedings if debt recovery plans fail.
- Advising on repayment plans that are appropriate for the degree of debt and the circumstances of the consumer.
- When necessary, escalate calls to managers.
- Minimum academic qualification of HND in any related field.
- No experience is required.
- Excellent communication and persuasive skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to think analytically.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.