Responsible for the strategic financial management across the university, manages cashiering, student financial services, and centralized accounts receivable systems for the university. Track cash inflows and upholds best practices financial control as well as coordinates activities of workers engaged in keeping complete books of tuition fees and o
- Minimum Qualification: MBA / MSc
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 10 years
- Financial Planning and making financial objectives in line with management mandate
- Framing financial policies of the University in alignment with top management direction
- Developing financial procedures to be performed in the University in line with the institution's transparent and accountability policy
- Providing financial advice and support to the university's administration: This includes working with the university's leadership to develop and implement financial strategies and providing guidance on budgeting and financial management
- Overseeing the university's payroll functions: This includes managing the payroll process, ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and on time
- Analyse and evaluate the financial performance of the University periodically using tools and standard techniques and communicate the results to top management. Oversee a strong treasury function that minimizes exchange losses and maintains cash flow to support programs amongst other functions
- Managing the university's budget and financial records: This includes preparing financial reports, monitoring expenses, and ensuring that the university is operating within budget
- Maintain and improve monitoring and reporting tools that assess financial performance across programs and all expenditure categories and carry out ad hoc analysis as required
- Develops and manages annual budgets for the organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Ensure that the Management and Council are provided with relevant and up-to-date financial management information when needed for decision making
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations and laws: This includes staying informed about all relevant laws and regulations and ensuring that the university is in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.• Interacts with internal and external auditors, participates in auditing projects, or provides information and access to accounting records as required
- Apply the highest standards of financial reporting, complying with best accounting principles •Ensure consistency of accounting approach across the University’s operations with its stakeholders
- Provides periodic reports of receipts and technical information to the university community and to external funding agencies
- Prepare and deliver adequate financial statements and reports of the University such as balance sheet, statement of activities (income statement), and cash flow statement monthly quarterly and when needed
- Responsible for
coordinating the end-of-the-year financial statements of the University, please
see JD for other details
- MBA/MSc in finance/accounting or related field (essential).
- International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) accreditation (essential).
- ICAN, and CPA or ACCA license (essential)
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience with 5 years as a Finance Manager (essential).
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.• Excellent report-writing and communication skills
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office, SAP, and other financial planning software
- Demonstrated leadership skills •Excellent collaboration and communication abilities.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.