Jobberman (Third Party Recruitment)
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Our Client is looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:12 years
- Implement accounting and compliance targets and initiatives
- Establish and implement effective accounting policies and control mechanisms that adhere to corporate policies, accounting best practices and statutory requirements
- Supervise the management and maintenance of Chart of Accounts and General Ledger accounting
- Manage monthly closing process, including reconciliations and analysis of financial statements
- Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure compliance with IFRS
- Coordinate the Company’s annual audits with external auditors
- Manage the preparation of periodic, quarterly and annual Management financial reports
- Recommend and manage the business investment portfolios including money market instruments.
- Plan and organize Budget preparation processes and institute measures for Budget tracking and review.
- Manage and optimize tax compliance processes
- Ensure timely filing of returns required as per the tax laws
- Ensure resolution of all income and miscellaneous tax queries(including Withholding Tax) requests and notices on a timely basis
- Manage compliance and financial reporting requirements of the business
- Develop talent within the team by providing consistent direction and support to achieve set targets
- Manage the team on a daily basis including resolving issues and maintaining high motivation levels within the team
- Attend Management meetings and present management and situational reports as the Management may require.
- Advise Management on strategies to increase revenue and/or reduce expenses.
- Daily review of trial balances, statement of profit or loss and statement of financial position for accuracy and consistency
- Be the final approval authority of all the activities in the unit
- Perform any other activities as directed by the MD and the Group Chairman.
- Minimum academic qualification of BSc in Accounting, Finance or any Management courses, an MBA will be an advantage
- Minimum of 12 years practical accounting experience,5 of which would have been as a Head of Accounting in an institution
- Must be a Chartered Accountant
- Excellent Interpersonal and Leadership skills
- Proven record of Managing an accounting unit in a company with over 100 employees
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate details of financial information prepared.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven record of understanding of an Aviation business will be an advantage
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Excel functions/formulas required.
- Multi-faceted experience in the use of Accounting software and an ERP in diverse industries
- A good knowledge of how financial auditing and assurance services are conducted.
- Proven record of understanding of the role of Internal Audit/Control
- The ability to build relationships and work collaboratively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Organizational, prioritization and time management skills are essential.
- Proven mentor-ship abilities
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.