- Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as keeping a current liquor license, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
- Hiring and training staff to provide excellent service to patrons.
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that bar is well staffed during peak hours.
- Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
- Ensuring licenses are updated and in line with current legislation.
- Working with diverse personalities both on the staff and patrons.
- Planning and taking part in promotional events.
- Diffusing tense situations between clients or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
- Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for clients.