As a result of an ongoing reorganization, vacancy exists in a well-structured Hydroponic Greenhouse farm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following are core responsibilities (but not limited to) of an account officer to be saddled with account receivable transactions:
- Set up customer database and perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, recording and posting account receivables,
- Establish a good communication channel with customers and maintain a cordial relationship that will facilitate prompt patronage,
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with the company’s financial policies and procedures,
- Prepare customers statements, bills and invoices and reconcile expenses to the general ledger,
- Calculate and post receipts to appropriate general ledger accounts and verify details of transactions such as funds received and total balances,
- Record all cash and cheque received from customers in the appropriate accounts and handover same to Account Payable Officer for onward banking into the company’s account,
- Reconcile the account receivable ledgers to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted,
- Investigate and resolve any irregularities in customers order for products and supply by sale/marketing department,
- Maintain register for complete deposit slips and incoming cheques issued by clients / customers,
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients,
- Administration of petty cash disbursement, retirement and reconciliation of petty cash account,
- Produce monthly bank reconciliation and maintain a bank reconciliation file,
- Produce monthly Financial and Management Reports of Account Receivable transactions,
- Provide backup support to other groups in the Finance & Account (F & A) department,
- Carry out other functions as may be assigned by the Financial Controller.
• BSC/HND in Accounting from a recognized institution
• 2-4 years’ experience in audit or accounts.