The Accounting and Finance Manager supervises all financial tasks of our company and ensures we use capital and resources. Their responsibilities include creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments, and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations. They will analyze everyday financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to management on financial plans. The goal is to enable the company’s management to make sound business decisions and meet the business’s objectives as regards financial health and increase in profitability in the long run.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 7 years
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support, and strategic direction in the execution of the finance functions.
- Coordinate timely preparation of financial statements and ensure the statements reflect the organization’s financial position and comply with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Acts as a key facilitator of growth leveraging on the financial on accurate financial information.
- Design and implement mechanisms to safeguard Company assets and maintain the integrity of financial reports.
- Act as the chief custodian of internal control policies and procedures of the group.
- Ensure effective utilization of the financial resources of the organization including achieving cost efficiency through exception reports in line with the organization’s objectives.
- Develop and implement cost management strategies to monitor and control costs.
- Ensure prompt and reconciliation of all bank accounts and speedy resolution of reconciling items.
- Prepare weekly cash flow statements to guide Senior Management.
- Ensure financial transaction processing delivers separate, accurate, and reliable financial statements for each component organization in the group.
- Develop and implement effective stock-taking programs across the group.
- Delegate tasks appropriately to subordinates and provide supervision to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality results.
- Participate in setting SMART annual objectives for subordinates.
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate budget within the specified time frame.
- Track cooperate performance against budget across product lines component organization and expenditure codes.
- Coordinate the allocation/disbursement of funds
- Manage the human and material resources of the finance department to optimize performance and enhance output.
- Prepare and submit to the GMD periodic assessment report of finance department achievement vis a vis its functional goals and objectives
- Ensure compliance of cooperating expenditure budget with the schedule of authority and limit.
- Ensure that financial processes comply with relevant tax laws on VAT, WHT, CIT, PAYE, and other relevant tax laws.
- Review postings on SAGE daily.
- Review monthly payroll, PAYE, and pensions
- Clear all locations' suspense accounts every 2 days
- Post FX transactions daily
- Accrue all transactions
- Maintain company’s fixed assets and ensure they are in good conditions
- Follow up on receivables weekly
- Follow up on all Tax related matters
- Review monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Review inventory movements weekly
- Process vendor payments and check requests
- Process employee reimbursements including managing employee credit card charges and reconciling credit card accounts
- BSc/MA degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or relevant degree.
- Professional qualifications such as ICAN, and ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years of proven work experience in Accounting with at least 2 years as an Accounts Team lead or Manager.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation, and bookkeeping.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Experience in budgeting and risk management
- Proficiency in the use of accounting software
- Team player
- Keen attention to detail
- Quick follow through
- A positive attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fast learner
Remuneration: NGN 300,000 - 400,000 monthly
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.