The Accountant provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Produce reports, recommend and liaise with internal and external auditors.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Budget and report treasury issues to management.
- Tax planning and advice, registering the company with FIRS and obtaining TIN.
- Liaise with FIRS and respond to any queries regarding tax ,reconcile tax accounts
- Preparation of Corporate tax returns and files it with FIRS.
- Monitors billing and settlement plan/IATA correspondences and required reports, credit card reconciliation
- Monitors general invoicing, credit limits of customers, refunds, delivery of invoices timely, accounts receivable, petty cash custodian
- Follow up with IATA and ensure all payments are remitted appropriately.
- Reviewing the company’s systems and analyze risk, perform task to check financial information and systems.
- Detect and prevent fraud.
- Managing general bookkeeping systems and cash management.
- Payroll preparation which includes pay schedule, pension contribution and tax calculation and remittance.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing/new legislation,enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- Masters Degree in relevant Discipline
- Related Travel and Tourism Certifications
- Related Accounting Certifications
- At-least 3 or more years of relevant experience
Job /Functional Skills:
- GAAP Knowledge
- Time Management
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Competent IT skills
- Genuine Interest in Travel/Tourism
- Ethical and Integrity
- Ownership and Accountability
- Socially Responsibility
Note: All applicants should send a CV/Cover Letter
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.