We seek to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position. An Accountant helps a business make critical financial decisions by collecting, tracking, analyzing and reporting the company’s finances. He/She is responsible for recording and reporting financial transactions, reconciling bank statements, and ensuring financial records are accurate throughout the year.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- Providing financial information to management by capturing the company’s financial data from source documents
- Analyzing and classifying the data, posting into various accounts, generating Trial Balance and Final Accounts such as Income Statements, Statements of Financial Position, Cash Flow Statements, etc,
- Preparing and providing management reports for internal use for the company's operational purposes and reports for external uses.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Capturing all financial data on source documents and tracking all receipts and payments to internal and external stakeholders using the source documents.
- Manage all company’s financial transactions and posting into various books of accounts using accounting software and maintaining accounting information backups.
- Preparing budget forecasts, comparing actuals with budgets, and timely reporting of same for management decision making.
- Monitor all business divisions and departmental financial transactions, receiving and updating all such financial information in the company’s books of accounts.
- Prepare and reconcile all company’s accounts receivables and payables
- Handle weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual closings
- Compute taxes, prepare tax returns and payments
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Regularly reporting on the company’s financial health and liquidity status
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Prepare and present financial statements on time, while complying with financial policies and regulations
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Minimum 2 years of work experience as an Accountant in a construction, manufacturing, or production environment
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations, policies, and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Adequate knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like Peachtree, Sage, and QuickBooks
- Very good skill and knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools such as Advanced MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint Presentations.
- Experience with general ledger functions, P&L, and Balance Sheet Reporting
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Accounting/Finance Graduate with Minimum 2:1 BSc/HND in Accounting, Finance, or relevant degrees.
- Additional certification (AAT or Part Accounting Professional Qualification) is a plus
- Trustworthy with a high level of integrity
- Smart, Brilliant, and Intelligent
- Hardworking and paying attention to details
- Good Oral and Communication Skills
- Good Numeracy Skill
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good leadership Character
- Must be ready to work extra hours and weekends if required
Remuneration: NGN 150,000 - 250,000 per month, depending on years of experience and qualifications
- Overtime Allowance and other fringe benefits are also available
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.