At Omacart, our mission is to provide access to the food you love and giving you back your me to enjoy it with your loved ones. We are succeeding at that mission, but we need your help. We are seeking a GL Accountant to join us, primarily responsible for maintaining the general ledger, account reconciliations and supporting other functions within the accounting department. This position will play an active role in the financial close process and own review of month-end journal entries in key OPEX areas. The position requires a well rounded individual who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a high-growth, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. The applicant should expect to leverage current skill sets while also focusing on learning quickly and adding value to the current processes
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 1 year
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with IFRS, internal policies, and external audits
- Lead and operationalize internally developed software and internal use software related assessments
- Execution of non-routine transactions, including but not limited to: application of accounting guidance, preparation of work paper and journal entries, and walkthrough with relevant stakeholders
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting for management and IFRS presentation, including e-outs to underlying detail
- Oversee other areas as identified by management, gather financial data to support footnote disclosures and ensure law compliance in areas of responsibility
- Play a key role in expanding our regional footprint.
- Assist with related accounting projects and cross functional efforts such as subsidiary set up and building accounting processes
- Assist with the annual audit process including both the readiness and execution, including preparation of supporting audit schedules
- Forge strong partnerships with critical teams throughout the business: Product, Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Business Development, Legal, etc. and strive to improve processes through automation and enhance controls
- Assist special projects as needed.
- Combination of public accounting and industry experience
- Minimum academic qualification of bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related fields with 1 - 3 years of relevant experience in Accounting or Finance
- ICAN and public accounting experience is a plus
- Experience with internal use software and inventory accounting is a strong plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in a high growth, fast-paced startup environment is highly preferred with expert ability to switch between competing initiatives as needed
- Eager to take on new tasks and projects with little supervision
- Strong written, oral communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take ownership of work product and improve processes
- Experience with conventional accounting software is a plus.
Remuneration: NGN 150,000 Net
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.