We are looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position.
- Minimum Qualification: HND
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Prepare, supervise, and control workshop activities, including the scheduling of work in the service department.
- Liaise with drivers and operators to diagnose their concerns with equipment/vehicles during use
- Assist all mechanics in the diagnosis of mechanical problems.
- Ensure that mechanics are using their time effectively and efficiently
- Upon completion of normal repairs and/or service, inspect and test machinery with the mechanic/technician who completed the job to ensure the equipment has been repaired and/or serviced
- Ensure as much as possible that all jobs are completed correctly the first time.
- Ensure all equipment/machinery are in a clean and presentable standard.
- Check and inspect that all tools are available and maintained in the correct place and that all equipment is in suitable working condition.
- Ensure that the right parts are purchased through the parts book and purchased on time
- Ensure that frequently reoccurring parts for use a properly stocked
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of tools and materials e.g. oil and lubricants
- Ensure proper records of service maintenance and parts change
- Set a regular workshop cleaning schedule highlighting employees specific duties.
- Make suggestions to management for improvements to the workshop
- Maintain a well-trained workforce and supervise in-house training as required.
- Ensure the development and progress of all Mechanics
- Assist toward keeping the workshop area clear and clean, orderly, and attractive.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Control and set workshop behavioral standards.
- Maintain staff morale.
- Minimum academic qualification of HND/B.Eng. in mechanical engineering from a reputable university.
- The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years experience and in-depth knowledge of diagnosis and repair of the following;
- Heavy duty earth moving equipment e.g., Payloaders, Graders, Backhoe loaders, excavators, bulldozers etc.
- Dump trucks of multiple brands for haulage
- Industrial Compressors, static and mobile concrete mixers etc.
Remuneration: NGN 300,000 - 450,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.