YIPDI is in search of a WASH Technical Officer who will work under the leadership and supervision of the Project Manager, accountable for professional technical contribution to the drilling and construction of the WASH project activities within the framework of the emergency response program in Borno State Nigeria
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
YIPDI is a Youth-led non-profit organization assisting in humanitarian and developmental context to the most vulnerable and marginalized populations affected by disaster and conflict, especially children, women, and men segregated by age in northeast Nigeria (Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe), Northwest, as well as South-South Nigeria. YIPDI is an organization strife to promote peace, protect rights; and restore and improve the well-being of vulnerable and marginalized populations. Our areas of intervention include protection (CP, GBV, HLP) Education, WASH, Food Security Livelihood, Health and Nutrition, Peacebuilding, and women empowerment.
- Visiting sites and ensuring quality assurance of construction being delivered and adherence to design specifications
- Coordinating technical workshops in the targeted health facilities with communities
- Assist in the selection, design, and construction of water systems, using groundwater or surface water, including abstraction, storage, treatment, and distribution for new systems or rehabilitation of existing systems
- Provide technical assistance to the Sector Manager to assess sanitation needs, and design and implement the most appropriate form of sanitation system, in consultation with male and female beneficiaries, which includes excreta disposal, refuse disposal, vector control, and drainage
- Consider different maintenance mechanisms, ensuring that they are appropriate to the local context and cultural norms and that facilities are sustainable
- Prepare a Written Work Instruction for use on-site to bring clarity to the contractor’s roles and responsibilities in each stage of the execution of construction activities
- Prepare training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct training for both internal staff and external stakeholders
- Responsible for managing WASH technical assistants and technicians
- Liaise closely with the WASH PHP team throughout the planning, design, and implementation stages of the WASH technical activities. Hygiene promotion is a vital element in such infrastructure activities.
- Build a database of technical support projects and share it with relevant stakeholders
- Submit a technical report and consumption report to the WASH D program manager (Upon request)
- Assist in the
preparation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly progress reports
- Degree/HND in Water Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Civil Engineering, and other related fields
- Minimum of 3 years field experience
- Previous experience with other NGOs
- Training and experience in borehole and VIP latrine
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Hausa Spoken and written
- Ability to Work in Partnership with government and other NGO staff
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
Independence, adaptability and flexibility with good workload management, multitasking and ability to meet tight deadlines
· Excellent communication skills
Youth Integrated for Positive Development Initiatives (YIPDI) provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disabilities, or genetics
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.