Our client is looking to hire a Design/User Researcher. Our client is an African-based design consulting firm located in Lagos. Our client uses design to bring sustainable solutions to people across the continent. Our process is founded on the core tenets of creative problem-solving for innovation and growth, excellence, experimentation and learning and last, but certainly not least - empathy. We've used our proven process across a variety of industries and companies - from agricultural to financial, and beyond, to help our clients validate their solutions, understand their market and deliver accordingly. We also equip teams to build capacity to consistently bring customer-friendly solutions to market.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Meeting with clients to gather information about their requirements and to find out what needs researching, designing, or usability testing
- Getting involved in sketching, prototyping, and user testing before passing the design onto the development team
- Engage in research planning
- Build prototypes, both physical and digital, across all industries, not limited to tech.
- Join team in writing reports for stakeholders
- Attend and be active (able to effectively communicate/present) in client meetings and workshops
- Engage in project management activities if need be
- Work closely within a multidisciplinary team from diverse fields and sectors.
- Joining the team in planning the entire research process, from start to execution.
- Reading through all project materials provided before fieldwork
- Production and preparation of prototype materials before fieldwork
- Testing alongside the team during testing sessions
- Travel to different locations with the project team and contractors to perform research activities.
- Participate in synthesis sessions with project team and client should the need arise
- Support (Project lead) in the creation of the final solution recommendations and reporting
- Participate in daily/weekly check-ins with the client and team
- Participate in virtual and in-person meetings with the client and team.
- Understand which research methodology(ies) that are best to answer to different user needs in different situations
- Ensure that the qualitative work you do, is grounded in a deep and contextual understanding of what is important (both to our clients and users alike)
- Know when to involve quantitative research, and ensure methods used are as accurate as possible in understanding people’s behaviors and attitudes
- Support and help lead design research activities including research planning, fieldwork, analysis and synthesis of data, research storytelling, prototypes, reports and related deliverables.
- Be able to refine design research plans based on new findings and developments, while keeping to research and business objectives
- Support and help lead design research activities at the project level
- Evaluate existing and develop new research tools for the team, when necessary
- Be able to build prototypes, both physical and digital.
- Work with a team of designers and researchers to use proven qualitative and quantitative research methods to find and validate user needs.
- Be able to collaborate seamlessly and effectively with others to uncover user needs, help build prototypes (not limited to digital) and help product design teams to implement design choices to improve user experience to help achieve organizational goals.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience doing user/human-centered design (HCD) process from design research to rough prototyping, and handoff for implementation.
- Working knowledge of qualitative research, rapid prototyping, idea generation, and synthesis
- Experience designing digital products, either in a research, strategy, or UX/UI role.
- Proficient in visual design tools (Figma, Adobe, XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Excellent verbal and visual presentation skills; You can easily communicate and envision concepts and ideas to team members and stakeholders
- Fluency in English (major Nigerian and/or African languages appreciated), as the case may be.
- Travel within Nigeria is required (at least 35% of travel).
Remuneration: NGN 400,000 or higher monthly remuneration, depending on performance and experience.
- After 6 months of employment in this role, the Employee shall be entitled to health insurance programme, utilising the Employer’s chosen provider.
- After 12 months of employment in this role, the Employee shall be eligible to a developmental programme of their choice, within a budgetary cap mandated by the Employer.
- After 18 months of employment in this role, the Employee shall be entitled to pension contributions. The Employer will share details of this when the time comes.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.