· Delivering a wide variety of items
· Following delivery driving routes and time schedules
· Loading, unloading, preparing, inspecting and operating the delivery vehicle
· Complete logs and reports
· Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
· Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
· Comply with truck driving rules and regulations as well as with company policies and procedures
· Manoeuvre trucks into loading or unloading positions
· Collect and verify delivery instructions
· Report defects, accidents or violations
· Interact with customers in a professional manner
· Maintains communication with management to be informed of any change of delivery, route or schedule
· Informs management of any obstructions to making safe, efficient deliveries on time
· Drive vehicles to designated destinations for customer product deliveries.
· Drive safely and deliver products within deadlines.
· Analyse delivery address, determine appropriate routes and maintain schedule.
· Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
· Load and unload products from trucks and trailers.
· Perform vehicle inspection such as checking fluid level and tire pressure.
· Notify supervisors about any major repairs and maintenances.
· Follow local and state driving laws and road regulations.
· Maintain the vehicle clean and safe.
· Proven work experience as a truck driver
· Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
· Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations