Established in 2004 as a services consulting company, our client is a technology consulting and e-business integration services provider businesses across Sub-Saharan Africa. They are SAP Gold Partner, and a key provider of SAP consultancy and business support services Oil & Gas, Engineering, Construction and Operations, Financial Services, Logistics Services domains both within and outside Nigeria.
The company is looking for a Technology Lead who will drive the technology practice in delivering innovative solutions to meet our clientsâ unique business needs, helping our clients maximize the value of their technology investments and ultimately enhance their competitive advantage.
Job Responsibilities / Key Result Areas (KRAs)
- Collaborate within and beyond the practice to evaluate market trends and identify strategic growth opportunities for the company
- Develop companyâs offerings by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends and generating breakthrough technologies through applied research, advanced development and various commercialization vehicles
- Foster innovation by keeping pace with the global IT opportunities for technological and software advancements
- Assess client needs and suggest/promote/sell alternative or additional products and services
- Manage internal and external projects and ensure adherence to methodologies for large scale and high complexity development projects
- Prepare realistic cost budgets and timing estimates for development projects, including detailed client ready plans, identifying milestones, resources and timelines
- Conduct project scoping, engaging prospective clients to fully understand their exact technical and service requirements
- Manage development programs and projects to deliver engagement objectives on time, within budget and to the specified quality that are capable of meeting desired business outcomes
- Keep the Technology team the most empowered, motivated and up-skilled employees in the industry
- Maintain, protect and manage a repository of companyâs intellectual property
- Be a multiplier of knowledge by actively mentoring other members within the team.
Job Requirements (Qualifications/Certifications/ Experience/Skills etc.)
- Minimum 8 years experience leading software development teams
- Proven capability to successfully build, grow and mature the development team in all aspects of innovation, development, process, on-time/on-cost and quality
- Innovative software development
- Business application development
- Familiarity with object oriented programming language e.g. ABAP, Java, C++
- Initiative and Problem Solving
- Decision Making Processes and Outcome
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Education: Bachelorâs degree. Software engineering certifications will be an added advantage
Experience: 8+ years of relevant experience
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
itForte is one of the leadingÂ Placement Agencies in India specializing in the IT and Telecom sector recruitment with leading International technology companies as its client.
Nigeria (The Federal Republic of), is a West Africa country sharing border with Benin, Chad, Cameroon and Niger and is the world's 32nd-largest country. It gained independence from Britain in 1960.
With a population of 170 million, Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa and the seventh most populous nation in the world
Nigeria has a varied landscape with tropical rainforest climate in the south, Coastal plains in both the southwest and the southeast and the North containing rich vegetation in fresh water swamp.
It is a mixed economy with abundant reserves of natural resources. Nigeria is the 12th largest producer of petroleum in the world and the 8th largest oil exporter. It has the 10th largest proven oil reserves in the world is also an OPEC member. Petroleum plays a major role in the Nigerian economy and accounts for 40% of GDP of the country. Nigeria has a well development communication, public infrastructure and financial system. It has one of the largest and fastest growing telecommunications markets in the region with all the big telecom players operating in the country.
The official language of Nigeria, English and most of the people can understand the language. Two prominent religions in Nigeria are Islam and Christianity with approx 50.4% of Nigeria's population being Muslims, 48.2% Christians and the remaining 1.4% practicing other religions.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.