Engineering & Technology
The System Administrator will be Responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems (hardware and software) and related infrastructure to enable continuous innovation within the information systems landscape.
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Administer server infrastructure in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install new / rebuild existing server infrastructure.
- Configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis Identify and promote best systems administration practices and patterns.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain enterprise system standards Perform continuous system/network monitoring.
- Installation of monitoring Agents and connection to monitoring Systems.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusion and potential breach Head, Information.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning. Provide Tier II/other support.
- Installation of agents for Backup-System and configuration Backup.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies Identify approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale.
- Minimum academic qualification of 2.2/Upper Credit Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Information Technology/Computer Science.
- Professional Qualification (CCNA, ITIL, LPIC/CompTIA, etc.).
- Systems Administrative role in the Linux environment.
- Knowledge of networking and network monitoring/management.
- Database Management such as MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Linux, Windows Server, and Solaris administration experience.
- Experience with scripting, installation and migration concepts – in Bash, Perl, Python.
- Virtual Infrastructure administration experience with KVM or VMware is highly desired.
- Experience in Storage Area Network administration.
- Experience administering a centralized data backup and recovery infrastructure, including installation and configuration of open-source data backup solutions. like Bacula, BareOS, etc.
- Experience in deploying and administering web servers – Apache/Nginx/Tomcat.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies like #Ovirt, and #OpenStack.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Salt Stack or Puppet).
- Experience in supporting a high-traffic customer-facing website infrastructure.
- Experience in administering and troubleshooting load-balancing appliances in a production environment.
- Sound understanding and extensive experience in network management.
- Previous years of experience working in an ISP environment.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.