Highly Experienced Subsea Hardware Engineer (refer to job description and skills in section below) experienced in various EPC phases in deep water Nigeria projects.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 7 years
- Develop subsea hardware selection justification documents, product specifications, and other project-specific documents and drawings including tree and manifold P&IDs.
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the project's goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the Project Team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Coordinates / oversees design contractor activities in the process discipline area for assigned projects.
- Continually assesses refinements/changes and recommends updates for the maintenance of specifications and standards used in the Projects Department including the Global Practices (GP), Design Management Manual (DMM), and the Design Execution References (DER). Responsible for coordinating reviews, endorsement, and final approval for changes to these specifications and guidelines using Projects' MoC procedures.
- Ensures that all relevant aspects of the quality assurance and control (QA/QC) programs and procedures are strictly followed in the performance of all work. Ensures the integration of the requirements of the Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) in all work, tasks, or deliverables.
- Follows and implements the established project objectives and strategies in all work. This includes maintaining MPN production at established levels as well as providing safe, economic, and efficient proposals to enhance hydrocarbon recovery or to increase associated facility integrity.
- Performs ad hoc medium- and long-term technical design engineering studies aimed at improving project engineering effectiveness, including risk, constructability, design, and execution assessments.
- Provides continual interface with external departments, especially Loss Prevention, Development Planning, Facilities Engineering, Facilities Operations Technical, and all core DW & JV Operations groups.
- When assigned the role of Lead Design Engineer (LDE) for a specific design engineering services Work Order, represents MPN, coordinates design activities and interfaces with Project Engineer (PE) to align design work with project objectives
- Steward discipline engineering queries from the Contractor and sub-contractors as well as technical information requests
- Keep the Lead Engineer or Engineering Manager informed of discipline engineering progress, deviations, and execution concerns
- Participate in discipline engineering reviews at Contractor's and subcontractor's locations
- Drives and promotes capital efficiency in engineering design
- Support internal engineering general interest or Global Practice initiatives as requested by the Supervisor
- Participate in pre-commissioning, system integration testing, installation, and commissioning activities of subsea hardware equipment. Participate in troubleshooting equipment problems with vendors, installation contractors, and other client operating affiliates.
- Promote safety in all project aspects of vendor manufacturing assembly, testing, installation, and operations.
- Provides direct and specific design engineering support in the Pipeline and subsea Engineering area to assigned project teams within the Global Projects, Global Projects Delivery, Nigeria.
- Performs the assigned technical tasks in a format agreed upon between the Project Manager (PM) and the Production Engineering Manager (PEM).
- Ensures that the tasks can be completed within the framework of EMCAPs and within an agreed timeframe.
- Identifies, defines, and performs the assigned tasks, including finalizing pre-requisite tasks or information. Updates and reports the progress of deliverables to the PM and DESM on a regular basis.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, Civil, or Chemical Engineering
- Working knowledge of subsea hardware equipment, including horizontal and vertical trees, jumpers, manifolds, connection systems, and valves, as well as qualification, testing, and installation methods.
- Be familiar with and have experience applying API 6A and 17D, and other relevant API, ISO, and ASME subsea hardware and piping standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.